Painting Name: Hobbiton Village
As a fan of the books by JRR Tolkien and movies directed by Peter Jackson, the Hobbit and the Lord of Rings series have been a favorite of mine for years - evening going back to high school. In a fantasy world, this painting of a fantasy Hobbiton Village populated by the furry-footed is a nod to the comfortableness of living that quiet Hobbit life.
SKU: 09AC26ACMThe Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Series
I've been a fan of JRR Tolkien since high school. I did a huge book report on the series with sketches and enough detail to probably bore everyone to death but I think it was graded well. Nonetheless, when the movies all became a reality, I was glued to the screen.
Who knows if this painting will be juried into a local art show at Creative Brush Studio called "The Brush Speaks" but I had fun painting it!
I did previously paint a version of Bag End called "Let's Go See the Hobbits" and it sold so fast at Arts Alive when I first showed it with the PWAS art group, I don't even know who purchased it.
I do have prints of it available on my Etsy shop at https://donnaliguriaart.etsy.com/listing/4467199177
The Hobbits village scenes are so wonderfully peaceful with their round doors, profusions of flowers and gardens, enjoying a pipe on the stoop of your front door or an ale in the village pub. I hope you enjoy this fantasy look at the Hobbit world, let me know in the comments below.
@2026 Donna Liguria. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use or reproduction is prohibited without permission
Author: Donna Liguria is the Blogmaster for Donna's Cave Paintings and an artist member of the Prince William Art Society (PWAS) in Woodbridge, VA. Donna specializes in acrylic paintings of landscapes, seascapes, historic locations, animals and many subjects. Visit her Website at DonnaLiguriaArt.com and her Donna's Esty site to shop her art.
*I LOVE reading your comments on my posts! Just remember that the blog comments are monitored so they may not appear right away.








No comments:
Post a Comment
Welcome to my Blog! If you wish to commission artwork, please send me your full name, your email, your phone, what you would like to have painted. What size you would like. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thankyou for visiting.