Sunday, March 28, 2021

Post 96: I Joined the Prince William Art Society (PWAS) !

PWAS - The Prince William Art Society

I happened to find the link to a local art thing on Facebook. I looked into it and low and behold there were VERY close and VERY reasonable and ended up being VERY FUN!

I recently joined the local Prince William Art Society for a variety of reasons: to meet new people, meet fellow artists and to rub elbows with other talented, creative and interesting people, while hopefully learning new things and ways to do them. Also to:

1. See what the other artists are doing, what is selling, curiosity on styles, mediums, mixes
2. Exhibit some of my own art work locally
3. Get my name out there
4. Sell some artwork!
5. Get out of the house!

The Clearbrook Art Center is open on Saturdays and Sundays from about 1 to 4 and they change their "theme wall" every two months. March and April's theme is nautical, so I brought some of my ocean, beach, seashore, sailboats, and sailing artwork.

Remember the movie, "The Jerk"? Steve Martin is in it and there is a part that I am reminded of...The new phone book comes in the mail and it was a major milestone, a glorious occasion, a HUGE event. Steve Martin's character is running all around, yelling, "THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE, THE NEW PHONE BOOK IS HERE!!"



Well, this sort of feels like an event, as I have not previously "exhibited" my artwork in this way before. But I have some work that will be seen by people every weekend! So much like Steve Martin is so excited to see his name in the phone book, I will have my artwork on a wall (and not just on my Mom's refrigerator -lol-). Go me, I say!

So here is a shot of 4 pieces - they had space at the moment for this grouping:


Four Pieces on one wall include from the top and clockwise:
1. "Sailing Away" 16 x 20 acrylic stretched canvas (2020)
2. "A Seashore Day" 11 x 14 acrylic gallery wrap stretched canvas (2020)
3. "Belmont Bay Marina in Occoquan" 16 x 20 acrylic stretched canvas (2020)
4. "Ocean Waves Rolling Along" 11 x 14 acrylic gallery wrap stretched canvas (2021)


 And on the side wall:
5. "A Good Day to Go Sailing" 11 x 14 acrylic oval stretched canvas (2020)


I really hate selfies, therefore a MASKED selfie! Hey, the wind was blowing too, what can I say...

Clearbrook Center for the Arts is located at 2230B Tackett's Mill Drive (bottom level), Lake Ridge, Virginia 22192. This is their 50 year anniversary this year so there is a big shindig coming up. They do a scholarship and some other events through the year but as I understand it, the 2020 virus has put a damper on some things too - as it has for most people and businesses.

So, if you live in the area (Lake Ridge, Woodbridge), go by and see all of the artwork displayed at the art center. There is a variety of mixed media, acrylic, oil, paintings, photographs, prints and other things to see! 

Ok, back to the easel. I'm still working on "Something Tropical". I really wish someone would help me name that painting.

How to Shop, Follow, Like, Comment and do all the social things for my painting Artworks: 

Facebook: DL Art on Facebook
Instagram: DL Art on Instagram
Pinterest: DL Art on Pinterest
Behind the Canvas Blog: Donna’s Cave Paintings Blog

Like my paintings? Need a handmade, original painting as a gift for a friend or family member? Or if you want to commission me to do a similar painting for you, please contact me through this blog or go to Donna Liguria Art on Etsy at https://www.etsy.com/shop/DonnaLiguriaArt to shop my available Artwork.
Side Note, if you have purchased one of my paintings, please send me a picture of YOU with the painting and I will post it on the corresponding blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Blog! If you wish to commission artwork, please send me your full name, your email, your phone, what you would like to have painted. What size you would like. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thankyou for visiting.