Thursday, August 13, 2026

Post 473: New Mount Vernon Historic Virginia Home Series Painting

Painting Name: Mount Vernon 2 Historic Virginia Home Series

To paint a historic landmark that is easily recognized was a plan after visiting Mount Vernon again in June 2026, especially for celebrating America's 250. The very cool thing about these very famous historic homes, is they are often recognized from both the front and the back. If your patriotic little heart is a history buff like mine, you might enjoy this look at Mount Vernon from the front lawn - the view that even in George Washington's time, so many visitors (and there were many) had as they rode up to visit George and Martha Washington, our Nation's First President.


SKU: 06O26ACG
Medium: Acrylic, Acrylic Markers
Size: 11x14x1.5 Gallery Wrapped Stretched Canvas
Edition Year: 2026
Framed?: No





I believe the painting is on the verge of being finished. It's been on the easel since June for goodness sake! A tweak or two may be on its timeline yet.

I painted a previous Mount Vernon (1) Historic Virginia Home painting that has since sold. That painting was from the back side of the Estate from the Potomac River. The story on that painting is here Mount Vernon Historical Virginia Home and it involved a boat ride out on the river.

As said above, I recently went to Mount Vernon again, and took a lot of pictures, you can see my adventure here in 2 parts, and I hope you enjoy:

Mount Vernon Revisited Part 1

Revisiting Mount Vernon Part 2

That's one thing about visiting Mount Vernon, when you go, book a ticket in advance, for the lines are long so there is LOTS of time to chat with the folks in line around you and take zillions of pictures as you approach the mansion. 

Historic Virginia Home Series

What is the Virginia Historic Home Series?

The series began with:

1. Mount Vernon 1 - in Fairfax County, VA on the Potomac River (Sold)

2. Monticello, Charlottesville Virginia

3. Governor's Mansion in Richmond, VA

4. Gunston Hall in Mason Neck, VA near the Potomac River (Sold)

5. Rosemont in Berryville, VA (Gifted)

6. Mount Vernon 2 - this blog post

I do love Virginia and its varied history. And what a deep, rich history is found across the state.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the next one historic Virginia Home? Drop a comment below... Although I am hoping to go to Charlottesville again this fall and revisit Monticello again and I want to stop at Montpelier, the home of James Madison, our Fourth President. Even though I have lived all around Virginia, I haven't been to this home as yet.

Have you seen my Washington DC in 4 Seasons Series? I have 4 different historic landmarks in the Nation's Capital in each season. All of them are sold but I do have Prints.

Check Availability and Prints in my Etsy Shop DonnaLiguriaArt
https://donnaliguriaart.etsy.com

@2026 Donna Liguria. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use or reproduction is prohibited without permission

Like my content? Follow my Blog in the top right navigation!


_________________________

Author: Donna Liguria  is the Blogmaster for Donna's Cave Paintings and the PWAS Artistry Spin Blog and an artist member of the Prince William Art Society (PWAS) in Woodbridge, VA. Donna specializes in acrylic paintings of landscapes, seascapes, historic locations, animals and many subjects. Visit her Website at DonnaLiguriaArt.com and her Donna's Esty site to shop her art.

 *I LOVE reading your comments on my posts! Just remember that the blog comments are monitored so they may not appear right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my Blog! If you wish to commission artwork, please send me your full name, your email, your phone, what you would like to have painted. What size you would like. I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thankyou for visiting.